REMINDER: Sunday’s worship service on the front lawn will begin at 8:30 AM.
If you receive the “Video unavailable” error when trying the play the YouTube video below, you can click on the link that says “Watch this video on YouTube”, and it will take you to the video in the YouTube app.
The service will be held on our front lawn and you are encouraged to bring your own chairs. Social Distancing and protection protocols will be in place. Hand sanitizer, gloves and masks (Masks are optional but suggested) will be available. For those of you unable to come, or those who do not feel comfortable coming just yet, we will continue to live stream the service on the following two sites:
- Don’t forget to pick up your Virtual VBS Packets! Check our Facebook page Monday through Wednesday for videos with song, stories and crafts!
- Looking for a way to help during this pandemic? We would like to encourage you to maybe write letters/cards to not only the nurses and caregivers at our local GRMC, but to the patients suffering from this horrible disease. Hospital staff tell us that the hospital is a scary place right now. Like nothing they’ve seen before. Patients are alone. The nurses are the only ones at their bedsides. It’s hard on them as well. Can you send a note of encouragement? Can you pray for them? Can you make signs for the patients and/or the staff? As of Friday, there are 46 COVID patients at GRMC. If you would like to help, mail your notes of encouragement to: Daphne Stietle, Administration, 1339 E. Court St., Seguin, TX 78155. You may sign your name, or you may remain anonymous.
From your pastor: COVID -19 and Worship at Faith:
COVID-19 is again surging in Texas, including Guadalupe County and Seguin. I, like many of you, dearly miss worshipping together in our sanctuary and look forward to the day we can resume worship inside. I know that many of our members feel strongly about inside worship and outside worship, and I appreciate that. However, in the Christian spirit of love – for God, others and ourselves – we must continue to worship outside for the time being. I know this is not going to be well received by all, but we must fall on the side of love. Given the fact that summer is now upon us, we will adjust the start time for worship outside to 8:30 AM to beat the Texas heat beginning July 5. Let us all follow the command of Jesus in John 13: “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are My disciples.” Sincerely, Pastor Jim Craver
Welcome to Faith Lutheran Church in Seguin, Texas!
Whether you’re new to the Seguin area or searching for a church home, we’d love to have you join us for worship this weekend. Faith Lutheran Church is a vibrant church that has been serving the Lord and people in South Texas since 1966! On this website you will find information about our church: what we believe, who we are, and why we are passionate about reaching people for Jesus Christ! You can also find information about worship services and times, special events, directions and much more. We hope you will find it easy to get here and enjoyable when you arrive! Our congregation desires everyone to know that they are loved and cherished by God. It is our commitment to glorify God and to share His message with people so that all may have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Our hope is in Christ Jesus!“For God made Christ, who never sinned, to become sin itself, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 (New Living Translation)
Faith Lutheran Church is located at 1326 East Cedar Street (directly across the street from Matador Stadium) at the intersection of Highway 123.
Our Vision: Faith: For The Future!
Our Mission: “We are imperfect people, saved by grace, willing to risk it all to share the Good News of Jesus Christ!”
You can find videos of previous services and audio files of Sermons on our “media and documents/Sermons” tab.
Click HERE for Sunday, July 5 bulletin.
For those of you unable to come, or those who do not feel comfortable coming just yet, we will continue to live stream the service on the following two sites:
If you would like to receive “REMIND” text message announcements from Faith Lutheran, follow the following steps:
- This is a TEXT MESSAGING service. Once enrolled, you will receive important announcements and reminders via text messages from Faith.
INSTRUCTIONS for Sign Up on your phone.
- As shown below, create a text message.
- Send the text message TO: 81010
- In the message body, type: @flcseguin
- Hit “send”
- Once sent, you should receive a message from a DIFFERENT number, indicating that you have joined our list. You can add that # to your contacts and save as “Faith Messages” if you’d like. It will also give you the choice to download the “remind” app. (by clicking a link) YOU DO NOT NEED to download the app in order to use this service.
- Members of Faith: This is just an additional option we are offering in order to improve the way we communicate to our members. We encourage you to enroll/sign up. It’s fast. It’s easy. It’s free. J
Special Video Message from your Faith Lutheran Staff!
Let us also remember that we are called by God to share the love of Jesus with all people. Folks in our community are scared and frustrated due to COVID-19. This is a unique opportunity for the Church to share the hope we have in Jesus and to demonstrate the love of Jesus to Guadalupe County. Be sure to check on the welfare of neighbors, offer assistance with shopping or care. Please share with us your stories of how you did this in the name of Jesus!
From the Lord: “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.” Jeremiah 29:11-13
Click here for map
The church office can be reached at 830-379-7036, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The church office may also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.