Welcome to Faith Lutheran Church in Seguin, Texas!
Whether you’re new to the Seguin area or searching for a church home, we’d love to have you join us for worship this weekend. Worship services are held each Sunday at 9:00 AM. Faith Lutheran Church is a vibrant church that has been serving the Lord and people in South Texas since 1966! On this website you will find information about our church: what we believe, who we are, and why we are passionate about reaching people for Jesus Christ! You can also find information about worship services and times, special events, directions and much more. We hope you will find it easy to get here and enjoyable when you arrive! Our congregation desires everyone to know that they are loved and cherished by God. It is our commitment to glorify God and to share His message with people so that all may have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Our hope is in Christ Jesus!
Faith Lutheran Church is located at 1326 East Cedar Street (directly across the street from Matador Stadium) at the intersection of Highway 123.
Announcements from Faith
Faith Lutheran Covid Safety Worship Guidelines
- Holy Communion will be offered as usual, but for safety reasons, we will continue to use the individually packaged elements until the risk of COVID19 is much lower.
- The sanctuary is sanitized each week following worship or other events held in it..
- Sanitization stations have been placed throughout the building at entry points.
- Family units may sit together (if you live together, you can sit together) in the same pew / area. If you find yourself sitting in a pew with non-family members, please maintain distance. If you or someone you have had close personal contact with have COVID19 of recent exposure, we politely ask you to stay home for the suggested 10 days.
- All sanctuary and gathering spaces will have spaced out seating. We will maintain physical distancing in worship (at least six feet, excluding households) by blocking every other pew and encouraging social distancing of worshippers.
- Ushering folks out to avoid potential contact between people as they transition.
- We will refrain from handshakes, touching and hugs, passing plates and printed bulletins until we know that the measures we are taking are sufficient.
- Ushers will use gloves while handing out bulletins and communion cups.
- Ushers will take everyone’s temperature at the door. Anyone with a temperature at 100.1 or higher will be politely waked to return home.
- Seating capacity in the Sanctuary will be capped at 120. Overflow will be in the LEC, with the service streamed live.
- Masks are required to enter and must remain on during the entire service.
- The offering plate will be placed in the center aisle for you to drop your offering in as you enter or as you leave.
- Singing of hymns will be limited to one or two verses only. Please sing or hum along while keeping your face covering in place.
- Fellowship can occur only outside of the buildings and must follow the social distancing guidelines.
- Please either keep your used bulletin with you as you leave worship, or dispose of in the trash container. Do NOT place it on the Usher table when you exit.
THANK YOU for understanding as we try to keep everyone safe and bring our congregation together at the same time!
PRESCHOOL AND CHILDCARE DIRECTOR POSITION
Faith Lutheran Church is seeking an educational director who is energetic, passionate, and committed to excellence for the preschool program. He/she should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, have previous teaching experience, organizational and communication skills, and a strong ethical code. The start date for this position is June 1, 2021. Applications are available in the church office along with a detailed job description. Please contact Preschool Board members Stan Wieding, Cody Goetz, or Kim Kauitzsch for more information.
Our worship service live streams will being at 9:00 AM.
As we continue to make our way through the new world of COVID-19, here’s a question: what if we all decided to be carriers of HOPE?
Bulletins are available on our Newsletters and Sunday Bulletins tab above.
Sunday worship live stream video will be AVAILABLE here on Fridays- Sundays. (You can find previous live streams on our “Sermons” tab above.) If you receive the “Video unavailable” error when trying the play the YouTube live stream video below, you can click on the link that says “Watch this video on YouTube”, and it will take you to the video in the YouTube app.
The 9:00 service will be LIVE-STREAMED on our Facebook page and on our Website. Children’s church will be held during the pastor’s sermon. (For approximately 20-25 minutes)
Our Vision: We will join Jesus in making disciples of all people!
Our Mission: We will be a congregation that engages people to become Christ-followers.
Our Identity: We are imperfect people, saved by grace, willing to risk it all to share the Good News of Jesus Christ!
Special Video Message from your Faith Lutheran Staff!
Let us also remember that we are called by God to share the love of Jesus with all people. Folks in our community are scared and frustrated due to COVID-19. This is a unique opportunity for the Church to share the hope we have in Jesus and to demonstrate the love of Jesus to Guadalupe County. Be sure to check on the welfare of neighbors, offer assistance with shopping or care. Please share with us your stories of how you did this in the name of Jesus!
From the Lord: “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.” Jeremiah 29:11-13
Click here for map
The church office can be reached at 830-379-7036, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The church office may also be reached at email@example.com.